Τhe expected electromobility Bill Legislation was released for public consultation on Wednesday 17.06, while the Ministry’s objective is to be ratified by mid-July.
Key guidelines of the Βill Legislation
- Financial and tax incentives for electromobility promotion
- Electromobility market structure guidelines
- Spatial and urban planning provisions for the development of electrical vehicles infrastructures
Among others the following key points are provided:
TAX INCENTIVES FOR ELECTRICAL VEHICLES
The cost of purchasing and / or leasing an electric vehicle of a value up to €40,000 is increased by 50% and the taxable income is reduced. For hybrid external charging vehicles with emissions up to 50grCO2 / km the rate will be 30%.
PRODUCTIVE INVESTMENTS SOLICITATION INCENTIVES IN ELECTROMOBILITY MARKET
- Reduced tax rate by 5% for five profitable years
- Increased fixed assets amortization rates allowing amortization in just three years from the commencment of operation of the unit
- Reduction of employer contributions for each new job created
FINANCIAL INCENTIVES FOR ELECTRICAL VEHICLES PURCHASE OR LEASING
- The purchase or lease of an electric vehicle is being subsidized
- The replacement of old vehicles with new ones entirely electrical is being promoted